Ace Personnel is seeking candidates for nanny employment in Vancouver and the surrounding areas (e.g., South Surrey, Surrey, Lower Mainland, Fraser Valley, and White Rock). Both full time and part time positions are available and the schedule and workload may vary based on your availability. Ace Personnel also offers ongoing professional development training as well as competitive wages to successful candidates.
Please send your CV through our secure online submission page. Our hiring process is ongoing. No phone or in-person inquiries will be accepted. We will contact all potentially qualified candidates for an interview as soon as there is a potential match.
Job Responsibilities for Nannies
• Supervision of children
• Tending to Emotional Needs of Children
• Organizing & Engaging in Various Age-Related Activities
• Assistance with Before & After School Activities
• Changing Diapers for Infants – (if applicable)
• Bottle Feeding – (if applicable)
• Preparing & Serve Meals
• Housekeeping – (if applicable)
• Laundry – (if applicable)
• Ironing – (if applicable)
Job Requirements for Nannies
• 1 or more years of experience working in child care or pre-school setting
• Clean Driving Record
• Passion for working and educating children in a fun and effective manner
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Knowledge and experience with creating age appropriate activities
• Knowledge of the various stages of child development
• First Aid Certificate & CPR training
• Valid Criminal Background Check
• References from previous nanny employment
Employment Benefits for Nannies
• Flexible hours
• Competitive wages and compensation
• Professional development opportunities
• Making great new contacts
• Making a difference in a child’s life
3 Important Tips to Help You Prepare for Your Interview with Ace Personnel | Nanny Employment Vancouver
The following are three strategies you can use to not only increase your chances of landing a nanny job with Ace Personnel, but also to see if this job is a good fit for you.
1. Know Your Resume
Any work experience or skills listed on your CV are fair game to talk about during the interview. We may pick things out from it and ask you to elaborate. Even though you may have a previous job listed that was many years ago, we might ask you to explain what you did at that job and you will be responsible for providing an answer.
2. Provide Relevant Examples from Past Experiences in all Responses
When conducting an interview and posing questions, our nanny employment agency seeks to verify whether or not certain (prerequisite) experiences and skills have been attained by a given candidate.
When answering questions, we encourage you to start with the big idea. For instance, let’s say you are asked “How do you handle a challenging client?” You would begin by answering it with the following statement, “I usually handle a challenging client using the following strategies….” Then, you would offer two or three supporting details.
When speaking about relevant experience, it would be helpful to frame your answers in SAB format: explain the situation/problem, describe the steps you took to resolve the problem, and discuss how your actions benefited the client.
3. Line up Questions for the Interviewer
Come to the interview with some relevant questions for the interviewer that demonstrate your knowledge of the company as well as your seriousness for the job you are applying for. Our interviewers will always ask if you have any questions, and no matter what, you should have one or two ready. Write them down on a piece of a paper and bring them to the interview to avoid stumbling. As the interviewers answer your questions, it is common practice to take notes.
About Ace Personnel | Nanny & Caregiver Employment | Vancouver & Surrounding Areas
Ace Personnel is a Full Service Household Staff Placement Agency providing home care services to families and individuals in the Greater Vancouver area; the Lower Mainland and throughout British Columbia. We represent experienced, qualified and reliable caregivers, nannies and skilled homemakers.
We are family owned and operated for over 38 years, with a core focus on establishing and maintaining long term relationships and providing you and your loved ones with continuity of care.
The key to our success is our employees. We promote a work environment that is open and friendly and we provide on-going and as needed specialized training and home care education.