Celebrating Father’s Day in Vancouver
Father’s Day is a special annual occasion where we get to truly show our appreciation for the amazing fathers, grandfathers and exemplary men out there. Here are just a few ideas on how to spend the day around Vancouver:
1. Car Free Day
Day festivals of music, family friendly fun, artists, artisans, food:
Saturday, June 20th West End on Denman between Davie and Robson
Sunday, June 21st Commercial Drive between Venables and Grandview
Sunday, June 21st Main Street from Broadway to 30th Avenue
2. Watch a FIFA Women’s World Cup match:
The Canadian Women’s Team is set to play Switzerland tomorrow at BC Place. Treat Dad to a pair of tickets or watch from a favourite sports bar or restaurant.
3. Free Fishing on Rice Lake, North Vancouver
Rice Lake is facilitating free fishing for Dads and their families where they will also have a chance to release rainbow trout into the lake and dine from the wild salmon barbeque.
4. Tee up for a game of Golf at one of the local golf courses. For something more economical, visit one of the local Pitch & Putts at Stanley Park , Queen Elizabeth Park, or Rupert Park.
5. Bike the seawall and then have a BBQ on the beach!
6. You can never go wrong with a Brunch or Dinner out on the town either!
Whatever you decide, a day in or out, be sure to make it a special one that your Dads and Grandfathers will truly enjoy and remember. They are an integral part of our family lives – important role models for our society.